Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday...Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save in the Event of a Natural Disaster

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.   This meme features a different top 10 list every week.



This week's topic: 

Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster...you get the drift. )


(1 and 2) Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Special Edition) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Special Edition) by J.K. Rowling.   I have the Bloomsbury Special Edition Hardcover editions of all the HP books.  I'd try to save them all, but if I couldn't I'd at least save the final two books. 























(3) The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (Collector's Edition). 









(4) Persuasion by Jane Austen.  My Folio Society edition of this novel is a definite must save.










(5) The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman.   One of my two favourite works of historical fiction.   This is a book I can read over and over again. 








(6) Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.   The second of my two favourite works of historical fiction.










(7) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.   I'd be forced to read it this way. 












(8 and 9) Mariana and The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley.   Two of my all-time favourites novels.  








 












(10) My Kindle.  This isn't as big of a cheat as it appears as most of my books are still in paper form.