Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mount TBR Challenge - Quarterly Check-In


In an effort to make in a dent in my rather large to be read pile, I decided to participate in the Mount TBR Challenge this year.  This challenge encourages readers to tackle the books sitting on their TBR pile as of 31 December 2011.   I decided to aim for the Mt. Kilimanjaro level, which means my goal is to read at least 50 books from my TBR pile this year.  

I'm not off to a particularly strong start, but I anticipate my TBR pile selections will increase in the months ahead.   Here is my progress so far, as well as a link to my review (if applicable):

(1) Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn -  4 Stars
(2) The Running Vixen by Elizabeth Chadwick - 3.5 Stars
(3) Lady Macbeth by Susan Fraser King - 3.5 Stars
(4) The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick - 3.5 Stars
(5) The Forgotten Legion by Ben Kane -  4 Stars
(6) Worth Dying For by N. Gemini Sasson -  3 Stars (no review)
(7) Henry Tilney's Diary by Amanda Grange - 3.5 Stars (no review)
(8) Rivals in the Tudor Court by D.L. Bogdan - 3.5 Stars 
(9) A Girl's Guide to Witchcraft by Mindi Klasky - 3.5 Stars (no review)
(10)  Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb - 4 Stars (no review)