Sunday, February 3, 2013

Suddenly Sunday

Happy Sunday once again!  It's time for Suddenly Sunday, a weekly meme hosted by Svea at Muse in the Fog that gives bloggers the opportunity to share their blogging events from the past week.  

In addition to my regular meme posts, I posted a couple of reviews this past week (click on the book title to read my review):

- Captain Blackwell's Prize by V.E. Ulett (check this one out if you enjoy historical romance and adventure set on the high seas); and

- The Forgotten Queen by D.L. Bogdan.  

Reading-wise, I finished A Tainted Dawn by B.N. Peacock, my review for which will be posted tomorrow along with a guest post by the author on Tuesday.  I'm continuing to work my way through Isolde Martyn's Mistress to the Crown, which is a novel about Jane Shore, mistress to England's King Edward IV.  The reviews I've seen for the novel are quite mixed, but I'm just about at the half-way point and have enjoyed what I've read thus far.  My read of Susanna Kearsley's The Firebird has stalled somewhat, although it has nothing to do with the book, which I continue to enjoy.  I have just been ensuring that I get through books I've committed to review first.  Of course, my efforts to complete The Firebird aren't helped by the fact that I started to re-read my all-time favourite novel, Persuasion by Jane Austen, and start Deanna Raybourn's The Dark Enquiry.   I'm usually a one book at a time person, but so far this year I've had two or three on the go at once!

In addition to reading, I've also been giving some thought to how I can spice up and generate more interest in this blog.  One of the things I'd like to do is encourage general book talk, since I love talking about all things bookish, rather using this blog to simply host reviews and meme posts all the time.  For this reason I've decided that each Wednesday I'll post my thoughts about a general book-related topic and ask each of you to share your views on the topic, too.  I've already decided my first topic will be on book ratings (that is, how do you determine what rating to give to the books you've read), so be sure to look for that this coming Wednesday!  

Since it's Sunday (also known as Downton Abbey day in my home), I'll be watching this week's episode of Downton Abbey.   Prior to that I hope to get a good deal of reading done and, maybe, watch at least a little bit of the Superbowl.  

How will you spend your Sunday?