Sunday, December 7, 2014

Holiday Novels: Do You Read Them?

With the holidays fast approaching I've been trying to decide whether or not to read something set during the Christmas season. Of the novels already sitting on my shelves the obvious choice would be Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol, which I've never read but think I should. But there is also Lauren Willig's The Mischief of the Mistletoe (part of her Pink Carnation series) to consider, especially given that it has been sitting on my shelf unread since it was first published four years ago! I also have a Deanna Raybourn novella, Silent Night, which is a holiday companion to her Lady Julia Grey historical mystery series.

While I love the holidays, I've never been one to specifically read Christmas-related books at this time of year, but I've noticed that many of my fellow readers do.  So, I'd like to know if any of you make a point of reading Christmas/holiday-related fiction at this time of year? If so, what are some of your favourites?

Happy Reading!

post signature