Monday, January 26, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (January 26th, 2015)


It's time once again for It's Monday! What Are You Reading? This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I managed to read two books last week, The Girl on the Train (check out my review here), and The Blackhouse by Peter May, which is a contemporary mystery set on the Scottish Isle of Lewis (if you like mysteries definitely check the book out).  While both books came into my home relatively recently, I continue to make good progress on trimming my TBR pile!  This week's read is one I've had sitting on my shelf since it was first published in 2012 -- The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye, a historical mystery set in 1845 New York City that features one of NYC's first police officers , aka a "copper", as its protagonist. I'm at the halfway point and just love it. 

My re-read of Anne of Green Gables has stalled somewhat, as has my reading of Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey. The former because, even though I love the book, I keep setting it aside for stories I've not yet read, and the latter because it's my book before bed (it's on my Kindle) and I've been so tired lately that I'm not reading before I fall asleep. I hope to get back to them both this week.

Looking ahead, once I finish The Gods of Gotham I plan to pick up yet another novel that's been languishing on my TBR pile -- Blood and Beauty by Sarah Dunant, which is a work of historical fiction about the Borgia family.  I've put this one off in part because the reviews I've seen haven't been overly positive, but I'm hopeful that the book will work for me.

What are you reading right now? Have you read any of the books I've mentioned in this post?

post signature