Sunday, February 1, 2015

January In Review


It is hard to believe January is already over, isn't it? It was a very cold and snowy month here so outdoor activities were kept to a minimum -- a trend I hope reverses itself in February because my little dog misses her daily walks -- but I managed to get a lot of reading in because of it.  I also had my biggest blogging month in almost a year, with nine posts. Yay me! Here is a look back at the reading and blogging I accomplished in January:

Total Books Read: Nine (this puts me on pace to read over 100 books in 2015, which will likely not be sustainable). Click on the book titles below to read my reviews.
Of these nine books, six of them had been sitting on my TBR pile as of December 2013. My favourite of the books I read was Daughter of Smoke and Bone, followed closely by The Gods of Gotham.

Blogging-wise, I posted six reviews (most grouped together as mini-reviews), participated in the It's Monday! What Are You Reading? meme on a regular basis, signed up for the Canadian Lit Bingo Reading Challenge, and took part in one Top Ten Tuesday post.  Statistically, my review posts generated both the least amount of traffic and the fewest comments.  As a result, I'm going to re-think my review strategy since, despite this being a book blog, readers don't seem as interested in my reviews as they do in my participation in general discussion posts/memes.  Anyone else find their reviews are the least popular feature on their blog?

Looking ahead to February, my goal is to continue reading books off my TBR pile. I'm going to start by tackling Sarah Dunant's Blood and Beauty

How did your reading go in January?

post signature